Yappy Hew Near, felinity assembled!
Sneakers the Texian Tuxedo, Friday the Bearded Lady and I, Elvira Mistress of Felinity, wish you and your humans a happy, healthy, and productive 2017!
As we say good bye to 2016, in a few days, it is only fitting to review what happened.
There were hard times, of course, as Daddy Kiril has not had it easy the past year, paying the bills and keeping himself and us in kibble.
It seemed worse than 2015.
Daddy went and took a 4 hour walk on Christmas Day, before doing his blog post about 2016, instead of cuddling with us on the futon, can you believe it? He was THAT worried about things.
Despite his mood his post managed to find plenty to be happy and proud of in his writing: Was 2016 an Utter Failure?
My aim, here, is to double down on the positivity by sharing the best of our blog from the past year.
Despite only having a cell phone for a camera daddy managed to get some good photos and videos.
Before I continue....I want to acknowledge how special New Year's Day is for us; not only is it the 1st day of a new year, it is the 7th anniversary of Nikita starting this blog on that day in 2010....
Sneakers and Friday join Daddy Kiril & I in thanking everyone who has read our work, encouraged us and helped us in 2016.
We actually had fewer blog posts than last year...by a lot...63 compared to 92. Daddy had fewer, too, 56 compared to 66.
So, let's see what the year held for us....
1. We began the year by getting young Miss Friday high....thanks to a kind gift from our friends at the 15 & Meowing blog.
2. We held a celebration:
2016 ended at #106
3. an opportunity came up, at almost the last minute, that daddy just could not pass up if he and us aimed to be serious about our creativity. He submitted something to the Cat Writers' Association annual awards and he decided to volunteer with a feline circus! Both were announced here.
4. Daddy Kiril Goes Inside with the Amazing Acro-Cats in Houston (the 1st in a series of posts)
5. Daddy posted an introduction to us for any new readers we may have gotten from word being spread about his volunteer activity.
1. Praising the Pussycat: A Long Overdue Update shared new praise we received for our blogging.
2. Sneakers had wanted to return to posting Texas Tuesdays and this was the 1st of only a few she did all year.
3. As I was turning 6 years old young Friday was exploring the kitchen.
4. Sneakers celebrated the 180th anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo in a special way.
- 1. Friday the Bearded Lady writes a 200 word story about exploring the pantry.
2. We continued to do book reviews in 2016 and this post introduced the latest...
3. We also became members of the Mr. Chewy Influencer product review program.
1. We all know about Police Dogs...but what about Police Pussies?
2. The book review involved 2 blog posts, beginning here...
1. We rescued a cat found on our doorstep!
2. So what exactly happened with regards to the CWA submissions?
3. In the wake of the above sad news came some related news...
July saw a story about New Window Screens and Pest Control
1. Friday the Bearded Lady turned a year old on the 14th...and we had a visitor show up who revealed the previously unknown side to her origins...
While Sept. was time to celebrate Friday's Gotcha Day it was also time to celebrate Sneakers 3rd Birthday
1. We celebrate 4 years in Texas...
3. Elvira rips Donald Trump a new one...and no, absolutely not, she won't apologize now that he is President!
4. Daddy saw some Purrfectly Delightful Examples of Felines and Fine Arts
1. Elvira pays tribute to a very dear friend who went to Rainbow Bridge...
3. In 2016 we had only one story to add to our Seen and Heard series and that came in the aftermath of the human election for President of the United States.
Talk about ruffled feathers...hee, hee!
4. We got a new toy! Tower of Tracks Means 3 Times the Fun: A Review
The month has had many days of cold and that made us cranky around here, but it also made us creative as we added something new to the left side of the blog and the post and page footers.
The share buttons are meant to encourage visitors, human and critter alike, to spread the word in any of 3 ways...sharing the url of the main blog, the special pages, and/or any blog post a reader may like.
When you are on the main blog url you can see the number of times that url has been shared to each service.
When you are on a special page you can see how many times that url has been shared on each service.
When you are reading a particular post you can see how many times that post url has been shared on each service.
The numbers vary in all situations.
As Christmas approached we took note that Houston could finally get a Cat Cafe.
Ceiling Cat willing and the bayous don't rise...things will be better in 2017 but, as Daddy Kiril wrote at the start of the month, he has concerns about that ( Thoughts Heading into the Holiday Season and 2017 ).
We felines believe in daddy and we believe in ourselves!
We are full of POTENTIAL!
We are overflowing with CREATIVITY!
There is NOTHING in our furry hearts that WE CANNOT ACCOMPLISH!
We have something UNIQUE, OPINIONATED, INFORMATIVE and CREATIVE to offer the world!
We are ORIGINALS!
We believe that good things will happen in our lives this year. We have a bright, new future, ahead of us in ways we can't imagine, but we trust that Ceiling Cat knows what He's doing to lead us there.