For Cat Bloggers, the world over, the Carnival was once an important way to discover blogs they might never have heard of, on subjects of all kinds!
It was an opportunity for them to reach an audience they might not otherwise reach.
It was a chance to promote a post or 2, each week, that they thought would be of interest to others, and to pitch them using more than 140 characters or just a short sentence barely long enough to get a point across.
My, how times have changed....
Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google +, LinkedIn, Mr. Linky, InLinkz, online communities and more, have allowed for more platforms to share ones pet blogging, some more popular than others.
On Sept. 13th, or a few days after, this blog will host the 600th weekly edition of the Carnival, uninterrupted, since Spring 2004.
That's 7 weeks away from now.
For now, let's get to THIS edition!
While the photos seem to be lost in transition, over the years, Luna and her human, of the unique blog, CatSynth have been contributing to the Carnival of the Cats since at least Summer 2007 and hosted it for the first time in the Fall of that year.
They have been great friends of the Carnival and its various caretakers, including Daddy Kiril, Nikita and myself, as well as Sue (Miss Mog) and her kitties.
Luna's human shared an update on Luna, a few days ago and it has led me to put out a call for purrs and purrayers for this beautiful black cat:
"A little over a week ago at Luna’s annual checkup, our vet found some rather concerning lumps on Luna’s belly, essentially on her nipples/mammary organs. It was pretty clear that was some sort of tumor, mammary cancer being fairly common for cats. But it wasn’t clear exactly what kind, what it’s status was, and what would be the best course of action."
The post shares photos and reports on what she has and how her spirits appear good as they prepare for an important appointment today...
Stop by and lend some much needed support.
Take care, Luna...Love ya, girlfriend!
7. Over at Animal Shelter Volunteer Life...A lap cat emerges and remembering Angel Sammy's Gotcha Day at the Rainbow Bridge.
In the Feline News Network News...
1. Everything is bigger in Texas...including our pussies! Hee, hee!
"A former 41-pound cat dubbed Skinny has lost more than half of his weight to become the darling of a Dallas veterinary clinic."
Yes, you read that right...checkout the story and 19 photos!
2. "Rebecca Gray has traded in her career as a researcher to open the Blue Cat Cafe, the first cat cafe in Texas".
Meet the Woman Trying to Open Texas' First Cat Cafe - Texas Monthly Online
3. Want to really freak out your human? A video shows you how to behave like a dog!
3. Rascal & Rocco has Pet Parade #102
4. Create With Joy and her cats host a Wordless Wednesday with always interesting essay topics and photos of the resident cats - " Share your cat photos and stories with us each week (Submissions accepted all week!)"