It is an opportunity for us to reach an audience we might not otherwise reach.
It is a chance to promote a post or 2, each week, that we think will be of interest to others, and to pitch them using more than 140 characters or just a short sentence barely long enough to get a point across.
Submissions and tips can be sent to: carnivalofthecats(at)gmail (dot) com
They must be received by 3pm EST, each Sunday (ideally we’d like posts submitted by Midnight EST Saturday, but know regulars who share Sunday posts), so the host can have time to post the current CoTC Sunday evening, or no later than Tuesday evening.
If you enjoy the Carnival of the Cats leave a comment and spread the word!
Let's get this show on the road!
Coming to you from The Catnip Den, deep within the bowels of The Nikita Institute For Feline Studies and The Opinionated Pussycat blog...
This edition belongs to a very special member of the pet blogging community... our friend Ann of Zoolatry and the Zoolatry Girls.
8 years ago, this month, they began a blogging adventure that has taken them to places they probably never dreamed they would go...affecting the lives of so many humans and their pets through their blogging and Ann's creative skills.
During this time she developed a serious case of OCCDPSD, Obsessive Compulsive Cat Dog Photo Shop Disorder)...and so many of us have benefited from her condition that to list them all would be impossible.
Daddy Kiril, Nikita, Sneakers the Texian Tuxedo and I, Elvira Mistress of Felinity, are deeply honored and proud to count ourselves among them (blog badges , T-shirt image design, a former blog header and a tribute image to Nikita).
"Time, energy and, I believe, imagination and talent go into each and every
graphic image created. Zoolatry Photoart has become
recognizable to many. Zoolatry Photoart is one-of-a-kind, always
designed to complement the look and feel of your own personal blog,
to visually help tell "your own story". It is unique and unique to you." - Ann, of Zoolatry
Through Dec. 2012 she shared her talent for free...before finally making a decision and creating something she calls "The Starving Artist Fund".
That Ann considers Daddy Kiril (and by extension us kitties as well) to be "A very witty, charming, industrious and always-good-for-a-laugh writer" and told her readers about our blogging efforts, means a lot to us...as have the many comments she and the girls have left over the years (Now that Daddy Kiril has a new hat and Sneakers has taken over for Nikita, we are contemplating a new version of this badge, hee, hee!).
Ann's popular blog is about "Life with all it's exciting and marvelous ups and downs" in her family life and the lives of her cats .
It is also about the awesome creative skills she puts to use for the benefit of the pet blogging community.
This month she has been celebrating their blogoversary with a series of posts and I encourage you to take the time to check them out (We are honored to discover ourselves a part of this retrospective and thank her so very, very much!):
"Seems hard to believe, and sometime soon among the days ahead, our 3000th posting will arrive as well. Life sure has changed for us over the past 8 years and there have been many times we've been very close to ending these blogging days. Though I must admit, I'm glad that day has not yet come. "
Ann, of Zoolatry - June 1,2015
20. TWO TUESDAY CATS - The office
****The above collection will be added to, a few more times, until the end of the month****
In the Feline News Network News...
1. Why I Won’t Write for Huffington Post by Yvonne DiVita of Blog Paws & Scratchings and Sniffings.
2. Did you know that there once was a human car dealer who had strange notions of what a dog looked like? He even mistook the "big" cats for dogs!
Don't believe me? Let me introduce you to Cal Worthington...
3. There's a video of a cat taking a plane ride and, after watching it, Sneakers and I have differing reactions to it...
"Oh, HELL NO!" - Elvira Mistress of Felinity
"HELL YEAH! Tuxies Rule!" - Sneakers the Texian Tuxedo
7. The Cat on My Head hosts the Sunday Selfies Blog Hop - "no photo of a cat can ever be a bad photo! But please remember, all critters (not only kitties) are welcome…horsies, woofies, chippies, squirties, piggies, buns or any other anipal. And, of course, you may include your human if they don’t mind."
8. Burnt Food Dude hosts the Feline Friday Blog Hop - It began in August 2012 with Mr. Steve admitting for all the world to read..."OK! OK! OK! I really do like cats. They really don’t want to take over the world." About that "TOTW" stuff...OK, if he says so, hee, hee!
9. The True Book Addict hosts a Cat Thursday Blog Hop with an always interesting topic. (There appears to be a tech issue with their Mr. Linky, right now, though).
10. Dogs N Pawz hosts the Tuesday's Tails Opt to Adopt Blog Hop - The blog hop that features shelter pets and tries to find them Forever Homes: All about it and how to help.
11. Create With Joy and her cats host a Wordless Wednesday with always interesting essay topics and photos of the resident cats - " Share your cat photos and stories with us each week (Submissions accepted all week!)"