It is an opportunity for us to reach an audience we might not otherwise reach.
It is a chance to promote a post or 2, each week, that we think will be of interest to others, and to pitch them using more than 140 characters or just a short sentence barely long enough to get a point across.
Submissions and tips can be sent to: carnivalofthecats(at)gmail (dot) com
They must be received by 3pm EST, each Sunday (ideally we’d like posts submitted by Midnight EST Saturday, but know regulars who share Sunday posts), so the host can have time to post the current CoTC Sunday evening, or no later than Tuesday evening.
If you enjoy the Carnival of the Cats leave a comment and spread the word!
Let's get this show on the road!
Good evening, felinity assembled! Elvira Mistress of Felinity, here!
It's raining, it's pouring...
Ceiling Cat is snor...
Sorry, my brain must be waterlogged!
Houston and other parts of Texas have been pestered by a tropical storm, called Bill, since yesterday morning.
With Daddy Kiril glued to the computer all day, keeping track of things, I couldn't get the Carnival up as I'd planned....until this afternoon when the rain finally called it quits.
1. Over at StrangeRanger...The Last Stop on the Tour is fitting end to a series that Maddie's human wrote to thank those in the pet blogging community who expressed they care and love in the wake of her passing.
"A no-kill nation is not just possible — it is very doable, but it requires a shift in thinking about homeless pets, and developing new approaches to re-homing cats and dogs. But none of this is complicated or difficult. It just takes a group of humans willing to take action."
We will be looking into her story and link, ourselves, and encourage you to do so as well.
5. Over at Marian Allen's blog...Munchkin and Amidala were excited to be a part of StoryADayMay’s StoryFest. They shared links to all the stories they wrote in May for anyone who missed them the first time around.
6. They also include a writing prompt we can easily answer with links of our own!
"If your human gave you the opportunity to write, what would you write?"
Well, my mentor Nikita wrote from the time he was a kitten, in 1998, to his death, becoming a blogger in his own right, alongside Daddy.
He, myself and Sneakers, have done more than journalism and reviews...we are storytellers and poets:
As I wrote in a comment: "Nikita would have so loved to have been here to join me & Sneakers the Texian Tuxedo in celebrating your special day!
Looking good, girlfriend!"
10. Over at Traveling Cats...Speaking about dominating the world...felinity assembled has to start this conquest somewhere, right?
Check THIS out! Japan counts around a dozen cat islands! The pictures are amazing!
6. Athena and Marie host the Caturday Art Blog Hop - Enjoy creating and sharing arty photos of your pets (it doesn't have to be too artistic) then this the Blog Hop for you!
7. The Cat on My Head hosts the Sunday Selfies Blog Hop - "no photo of a cat can ever be a bad photo! But please remember, all critters (not only kitties) are welcome…horsies, woofies, chippies, squirties, piggies, buns or any other anipal. And, of course, you may include your human if they don’t mind."
8. Burnt Food Dude hosts the Feline Friday Blog Hop - It began in August 2012 with Mr. Steve admitting for all the world to read..."OK! OK! OK! I really do like cats. They really don’t want to take over the world." About that "TOTW" stuff...OK, if he says so, hee, hee!
9. The True Book Addict hosts a Cat Thursday Blog Hop with an always interesting topic. (There appears to be a tech issue with their Mr. Linky, right now, though).
10. Dogs N Pawz hosts the Tuesday's Tails Opt to Adopt Blog Hop - The blog hop that features shelter pets and tries to find them Forever Homes: All about it and how to help.
11. Create With Joy and her cats host a Wordless Wednesday with always interesting essay topics and photos of the resident cats - " Share your cat photos and stories with us each week (Submissions accepted all week!)"