It's great to get back to blogging after Mother's Day.
It is an opportunity for us to reach an audience we might not otherwise reach.
It is a chance to promote a post or 2, each week, that we think will be of interest to others, and to pitch them using more than 140 characters or just a short sentence barely long enough to get a point across.
Submissions and tips can be sent to: carnivalofthecats(at)gmail (dot) com
They must be received by 3pm EST, each Sunday (ideally we’d like posts submitted by Midnight EST Saturday, but know regulars who share Sunday posts), so the host can have time to post the current CoTC Sunday evening, or no later than Tuesday evening.
If you enjoy the Carnival of the Cats leave a comment and spread the word!
Let's get this show on the road!
5. Over at Sparkle Cat... Summer discusses "5 Reasons We Cats DON’T Want to Be Like Dogs – and 5 Reasons Dogs Should Envy Cats!"
In the Feline News Network News...
1. Kitty Ditties, Cat Ballads, Feline Airs...what the meow?
"A study which has been accepted for publication in the journal Applied Animal Behavioral Science, adds to the growing body of evidence that many animals respond favorably to species-specific music. This is music that takes into account a particular animal's favorite sounds, hearing range, commonly used tones and other factors."
Discovery.com - Music Made for Cats Wins Feline Approval
2. Grumpy Cat is so last year...check out Sauerkraut! Hee, hee!
3. Tumbelina is a kitten born with cerebellar hypoplasia, which makes it impossible for her to walk....without a "wheelchair".
6. Athena and Marie host the Caturday Art Blog Hop - Enjoy creating and sharing arty photos of your pets (it doesn't have to be too artistic) then this the Blog Hop for you!
7. The Cat on My Head hosts the Sunday Selfies Blog Hop - "no photo of a cat can ever be a bad photo! But please remember, all critters (not only kitties) are welcome…horsies, woofies, chippies, squirties, piggies, buns or any other anipal. And, of course, you may include your human if they don’t mind."
8. Burnt Food Dude hosts the Feline Friday Blog Hop - It began in August 2012 with Mr. Steve admitting for all the world to read..."OK! OK! OK! I really do like cats. They really don’t want to take over the world." About that "TOTW" stuff...OK, if he says so, hee, hee!
9. The True Book Addict hosts a Cat Thursday Blog Hop with an always interesting topic. (There appears to be a tech issue with their Mr. Linky, right now, though).
10. Dogs N Pawz hosts the Tuesday's Tails Opt to Adopt Blog Hop - The blog hop that features shelter pets and tries to find them Forever Homes: All about it and how to help.
11. Create With Joy and her cats host a Wordless Wednesday with always interesting essay topics and photos of the resident cats - " Share your cat photos and stories with us each week (Submissions accepted all week!)"