Happy Monday, felinity assembled! To all you lady's out there, human and feline...hope your day was a great one!
Daddy Kiril, here.
In honor of Mother's Day I am hosting, not Elvira Mistress of Felinity.
Sometime nurse to me, mentor to Sneakers the Texian Tuxedo and friend, companion and inspiration to us both, she took a well-deserved day off.
It is an opportunity for us to reach an audience we might not otherwise reach.
It is a chance to promote a post or 2, each week, that we think will be of interest to others, and to pitch them using more than 140 characters or just a short sentence barely long enough to get a point across.
Submissions and tips can be sent to: carnivalofthecats(at)gmail (dot) com
They must be received by 3pm EST, each Sunday (ideally we’d like posts submitted by Midnight EST Saturday, but know regulars who share Sunday posts), so the host can have time to post the current CoTC Sunday evening, or no later than Tuesday evening.
If you enjoy the Carnival of the Cats leave a comment and spread the word!
Let's get this show on the road!
In the Feline News Network News...
Magellan, at Create With Joy, sends in the following...
1. Blog Paws - the premier community for pet bloggers - has just launched a new Social Learning Center for bloggers! Mom was on hand for the launch (via Twitter) and was thrilled to win one of three coveted trial memberships to the site! The Social Learning Center will contain a wide range of free and tiered membership resources, so there is something for everyone! Mom encourages you to check it out - you can learn more by visiting the site for the center and by watching site creator Tom Collin's video message.
2. Have you ever wondered about all of the subtle signs that cats send out when they are trying to communicate with you? Are you considering adopting a cat or trying to take better care of the cat who already owns you? If so, be sure to stop by Mom's blog, Create With Joy, to read her review of Learning The Secret Language Of Cats - A Vet's Translation by Dr. Carol Teed, D.V.M - she says it's essential reading.
****Mom Ramona also has a couple of cat books for kids giveaways (thru 5/24) so check the sidebar for the "Odie" books! She also reviews the books!
3. Well, my feline friends at Zee and Zoey's survived the weekend more or less after a visit from Rick the Dog - but they definitely had to set up some boundaries! Dear Kitties - take note of what you need to do if you catch wind that a dog is about to visit you by visiting.
4. Meet Elsa and Fluffy - we dare you to out-stare him!
5. As Coleen at Konga Line - Children Are Beastly recently discovered - it's hard to say no to cat adoption when your 10-year old son sets his sights on it! Don't miss the delightful story and illustrations depicting on how Coleen came to be a TWO cat Mom!
Amidala and Munchkin, at Marian Allen's Blog, send in...
6. DIY Natural reviews various types of natural cat litter.
7. On Did You Ever Kiss A Frog? Alberta Ross did the April A-to-Z Blogging Challenge, and C is for – what else? – CATS! A beautiful and touching post.
8. Sanch, of Living My Imperfect Life, also did the April challenge, and Letter F is Felinophobia: the fear of cats. (She loves them and is NOT afraid of them.)
In other news...
9. In March Four award-winning members of the Cat Writers Association, all with different strengths & backgrounds and familiar to pet bloggers everywhere shared their thoughts on "Journalistic Excellence & Blogging." - Via Scratchings & Sniffings.
6. Athena and Marie host the Caturday Art Blog Hop - Enjoy creating and sharing arty photos of your pets (it doesn't have to be too artistic) then this the Blog Hop for you!
7. The Cat on My Head hosts the Sunday Selfies Blog Hop - "no photo of a cat can ever be a bad photo! But please remember, all critters (not only kitties) are welcome…horsies, woofies, chippies, squirties, piggies, buns or any other anipal. And, of course, you may include your human if they don’t mind."
8. Burnt Food Dude hosts the Feline Friday Blog Hop - It began in August 2012 with Mr. Steve admitting for all the world to read..."OK! OK! OK! I really do like cats. They really don’t want to take over the world." About that "TOTW" stuff...OK, if he says so, hee, hee!
9. The True Book Addict hosts a Cat Thursday Blog Hop with an always interesting topic. (There appears to be a tech issue with their Mr. Linky, right now, though).
10. Dogs N Pawz hosts the Tuesday's Tails Opt to Adopt Blog Hop - The blog hop that features shelter pets and tries to find them Forever Homes: All about it and how to help.
11. Create With Joy and her cats host a Wordless Wednesday with always interesting essay topics and photos of the resident cats - " Share your cat photos and stories with us each week (Submissions accepted all week!)"