Good evening, felinity assembled! Elvira Mistress of Felinity, here, to discuss one aspect of the new design that, upon further reflection, Nikita, Daddy Kiril, and I, love even more!
When things were in the planning stages, GloGirly sent us our first glimpse, and Daddy wrote her the following:
“I love the design! Am I wrong or does the circle design have some sort of significance, literary, or historical? The mustache and monocle are perfect, especially the monocle, as there were plenty of writers, especially in the 19th century, as far back as Tennyson , who wore them. We'll just ignore Karl Marx.” :-D
“Regarding the circles...I don't think there's any specific literary reference. I just thought it looked cool and felt kind of literary. ha!”
So did we! We find it to be colorful, fun, and whimsical and, judging by the response from you, the reader, so far, so do you.
Coming in late? Go here.
Sassy lady cat that I am I want to now address this “Giant Double O” element in further detail, for those who might feel as if someone is looking at this literary cat from the end of the barrel of his gun and is ready to shoot.
Looking at the image I see how someone might see it that way. GloGirly did not and neither did we, at first. However, there is another way to look at this, and Nikita and I choose to wholeheartedly embrace the impression of there being a target, but it is NOT our monocled friend who is in the crosshairs.
As long time fans of Nikita know he has always been an opinionated pussycat and when I joined the team I took to my school lessons well and became a sassy, opinionated lady in my own right.
The literary black cat, with the monocle and mustache, in the crosshairs, is a representation of us, the writers of this blog, and our penchant for taking aim at all things cat related, expressing our thoughts and taking no prisoners.
GloGirly, like many writers and artists, sometimes do, has created something, unique, special and descriptive of her subject, in an unexpected way, without intending to do so.
If you are unfamiliar with just how opinionated we can be, I invite you, at your leisure, to read some of our best blog posts:
NIKITA in the fist year of this blog, alone!
1. May I have a Word? (Nikita defends a word and takes on PETA!)
2. Survey Says Dogs Rule, Cats Suck! Oh, Really? New Report Shows Issue More Complex
3. Healthy Living Thru Cats: An Expose
4. Taking Issue with House Rules For Pets
5. President of Vet Network to Yours Truly: "Have You Lost Your Sense of Humor?"
6. Have You Filled Out Your 2010 United States Census Form?
7. Blissfully Ridiculous? Shameless? Little Ol' ME?
8. Yes, Ruling the Blogosphere WAS the First Step, However, Step 2...
9. Concert for Cats? Lou Reed and the Velvet Underpussy
10. Step Out of Your Comfort Zone, Expand Your Creative Horizons
11. 18 Easy Steps to Becoming a Writer - Feline Edition
12. Live, Learn, Move On: A Lesson for the Critter Blogosphere, and Those Wishing to Network With Us --- Nikita takes on the Chicken Soup for the Soul Pet Food Company
Elvira in 2011 & 2012
1. The Elvira Factor #3 - Special, Angry Smooth Puss, Edition --- Elvira takes on the San Juan Capistrano Fiesta Association
2. Respected Blogger Insults Cats, Calls Into Question Patriotism of Felinity Assembled
3. The Sassy Saucepot Review: Sinking My Teeth into Reviewing Stuff!
4. Elvira Mistress of Felinity to Wiley Miller: I Beg to Differ
****UPDATE - 3/29/13****
Daddy Kiril Adopts New Cat: Promptly Makes Herself at Home
**** END UPDATE****