He was very honored, and thanked her very much, as do we.
He then told Elvira Mistress of Felinity and I that the award was as much ours as his, so have at it, and nominate a few kitties, and their humans.
There have long been a variety of blogger "awards" making the rounds, and I received my first in 2009, and 2nd in 2010, and it is always cool to get one, and to find others to pass them on to.
This award is bestowed upon those bloggers the giver believes inspire through their writing.
All of the various social media awards making the rounds have rules, and some have variations for the same award. We are sticking with the version of the rules for this award that Amanda chose.
1. Pay it forward. Award the Very Inspiring Blogger award to 4-7 fellow bloggers along with a specific reason why you are inspired by their blog.
2. Promote. Thank the blogger who gave you this award and the bloggers who inspire you by linking back to their sites. Bonus if you include specific URLs of special blog posts that inspired you.
3. Add it. Add the Very Inspiring Blogger award badge to your site.
4. Talk about yourself. Last but not least, list a few things about yourself that others may find interesting or surprising. Make sure the number of things about you equals the number of nominees (step 1).
So, let's get this show on the road!
Since we have chosen 4 nominees, here are 4 things about each of us:
1. During my first 3 1/2 years online, from 1998, when I was a kitten to 2002 when daddy opened up his first blog, I was known by the name of "Hokie" on a long defunct message board community.
2. I was a shelter rescue, from the Inland Valley Humane Society, in Pomona Ca.
3. When we lived in a one bedroom bungalow, from 1998 to 2002, daddy would close the bedroom door at night, and I'd have to stick my paws under the door, and make a ruckus, to get him to get up and get breakfast, at the time of my choosing. Didn't always work but, well, you can't blame me for trying.
4. In my younger days my favorite Kibble used to be Kit 7 Kaboodle dry food.
1. I have no clear memory of how I ended up on the 2nd floor just outside daddy's door, the night he found me as a kitten, and took me in.
2. I don't like wet food, and don't know why, but figure it must have something to do with where I lived before daddy and Nikita took me in.
3. I have a very tiny sounding voice.
4. The other day, when daddy had the bedroom window open a little, I got up on the ledge, and stuck my head out for a look see (My, but it is a long way to the ground!), thus freaking daddy out when he discovered me...thus freaking ME out, but not enough that I fell out the window (I pulled my head in, much to the relief of daddy.).
OUR 4 NOMINEES:
1. Mom ML and her cat KC, the longtime caretakers of the legendary Cat Blogosphere website, and our long time friends.
Via the CB, and their own blog, ML & KC have inspired, and encouraged hundreds of cats and their humans, including us, to be the best bloggers we could be.
What is truly inspiring is that they did all this while dealing with, among other things, the medical issues of brave KC.
We just missed getting to meet them when we moved to Houston, as they moved to Baltimore a few days before we arrived, and while they may return to blogging someday, they have passed the baton of the Cat Blogosphere to a new editorial team, as of this week.
The Cat Blogosphere (original site) = http://www.blog.catblogosphere.com/
The new site = http://www.thecatblogosphere.com/
Transition announcement = http://www.thecatblogosphere.com/saturday-news/
ML, KC, and the Sherwood Bunch = http://missyblueeyes.blogspot.com/
2. Susan Strong, the Mind of Mog, and the human of several cats who are, or were respected bloggers in the CB community, is also a longtime friend, and a long time behind the scenes presense with the CB, and long time caretaker of the legendary Carnival of the Cats.
Susan and her cats have inspired, and encouraged hundreds of cats and their humans, including us, to be the best bloggers we could be.
What makes her very inspiring in our book is how she took over for ML & KC, last sept., and worked very hard to keep the Cat Blogosphere website going until, at last, a new team could be found to take it over from her.
Mind of Mog = http://mindofmog.net/
Imeowza = http://mindofmog.net/meowza/
3. Janiss Garza is a professional writer and editor and her work has appeared in print publications all over the world, and her cat, Sparkle, is an award-winning author of 2 books that I have read and reviewed, and a super model, too! Sparkle is also known, the world over, as "Dear Abby With Claws".
We are honored to call them friends, and daddy has had the pleasure of actually meeting Janiss in person.
They have both long encouraged our writing and blogging efforts, and their careers as popular bloggers, and published authors, is very inspiring to all 3 of us.
Sparkle's blog = http://www.sparklecat.com/
4. Ann Adamus, and her cats, of Zoolatry, longtime friends and encouragers to hundreds of Cat, and their humans, including us.
Our friend is very inspiring due to her creative talents increating blog badges, headers, and more, until a year ago free of charge, for many bloggers over the years, including us.
For that we all owe her a debt of gratitude we can never repay.
Zoolatry = http://www.zoolatry.blogspot.com/
Zoolatry Photo-Art for Our Blog Friends = http://www.zoolatry.blogspot.com/p/zoolatry-for-you_16.html
Starving Artists Fund (about her graphic design services, free & fee based) = http://zoolatry.blogspot.com/p/starving-artists-fund.html