Carnival of the Cats is a weekly roundup of Cat-related posts on weblogs, in America, and around the world, who choose to submit a post for inclusion.
For us Cat Bloggers the Carnival is a chance to discover blogs we might never have heard of, on subjects of all kinds!
Submissions can be sent to: carnivalofthecats(at)gmail.com
The Carnival Home Page, with an archive of past Carnivals, the Line-up for 2013 (We need hosts!!! ), FAQ'S, and more, is HERE.
So, let's dig in to the Carnival!
1. On Wednesday Mog, who had been caretaker in the absense of Mom ML & KC, the longtime, much loved, editor and lead repurrter, of the CB, finally heard from them for the first time in months. Poor KC is is bad health, and Mom ML encouraged the handing off of the CB to Mo and his feline Little Isis.
2. On Saturday, Little Isis, of the blog Purrchance to Dream, introduced herself as the new lead repurrter and her human, Daddy Mo, as the Edtor-in-Chief.
3. This after the Thursday announcement to their own readers, on their blog.
4. Earlier today, Isis announced the set up of a CB Facebook page, and plans for a new home website for the CB itself.
Our purrs and purrayers go out to our beloved friends Mom ML, and little KC.
Now, let me hand things over to Elvira.
5 thru 7. We don't usually accept submissions that are not from the current week, especially if the entries are months, or years (Yes, someone dared to submit a 5 year old post, from some website, about feline obesity for this week's carnival) old, but are making an exception for 3 photo filled stories by a newbie to the carnival.
You will thank us later, trust me. :-D
Travelocafe is a self-described "cultural and luxury travel blog" by Laura and Cipri, of Valencia, Spain. They also admit to being "suckers for cats."
And, that leads us to their submissions (Actually only the 3rd of the 3 tales was submitted, we discovered the earlier 2, related, pieces ourselves.)
This the story of the cats of the Botanical Gardens of Valencia, and their caretakers.
The essays accompanying each story are MUST reading.
The pictures are, absolutely fascinating and, quite simply, beautiful.
8 and 9. Our friends at Animal Shelter Volunteer Life have 2 entries, this week.
* The story of how one adopted cat converted a Dog Lady into a Cat Lady.
* Milo takes it easy.
10. Over at Strange Ranger...See what Maddie thinks about snow and ice. :-D
11 thru 13. Our Texas friends, Samantha, Clementine & Maverick, of Life From a Cat & Dog's Perspective, have 3 entries, this week.
* Maverick has a GrrrFriend!! Maverick has a GrrrFriend!! Maverick has a GrrrFriend!! Hee, hee! :-D
* Glamour shots.
* Samantha and Clementine spend their sunday morning ignoring each other.
14. and 15. Over at Mind of Mog, Mog shares the important endorsement Mom ML has given to the next stage in the life of the Cat Blogosphere and, herself declares the move as "looking good so far".
16. Did you know that the Funny Farmer Felines have a long running, weekly, series of wonderful interviews of many of our fellow feline bloggers, over at Mousebreath?
I thought I'd share the link to the archive. :-D
17. and 18. We have 2 entries this week.
* Daddy was awarded the Very Inspiring Blogger award, this week, and said we deserved it as much as him, so we got it, too!
The rules said we had to pass it on, so we chose 4 cat bloggers and their humans.
* Seen and Heard Special 3: Houston Cat Club Charity Cat Show Contestants
Wow! It has been a while since we reached 15 entries, and even longer since we came so close to, or topped, 20!
Maybe next time!
**** UPDATE - 840pm****
Next time is now, woo hoo! :-D
Just got a submission from a brand new cat blogging team of a young lady and her 2 cats!
The blog is only a day old!
To welcome them to the community of cat bloggers I, Elvira Mistress of Felinity, will make use of "Female Perogative", and add 2 more links to take us over the hump. :-D
The blog is called The Kitty Compendium, and the team is the human Meagan, and the cats Mama, and Satchmo.
19. Mama writes about "10 Facts About Cats You Might Not Have Known".
To quote: "Humans have never really understood us cats, and it can really frustrating for us sometimes! To try and educate you human-folk, I’ve put together some facts about cats to inform humans about us and hopefully make life easier for my fellow cats!"
Very entertaining, amusing, and informative, despite giving up a few "State Secrets". :-D
20. Satchmo did the honors of the first post, and introduces everyone.
They are a very ambitious crew.
21. This post introduces you to Mom Meagan.