Carnival of the Cats is a weekly roundup of Cat-related posts on weblogs, in America, and around the world, who choose to submit a post for inclusion.
For us Cat Bloggers the Carnival is a chance to discover blogs we might never have heard of, on subjects of all kinds!
The Carnival Home Page, with an archive of past Carnivals, the Line-up for 2012, FAQ'S, and more, is HERE.
Hey there! Nikita, here!
Let's get this show on the road!
1 - 3. As everyone knows the Summer Olympics have begun and, doggone it, there just ain't no pussyfootin' around it, there are plenty of exciting events taking place at quite a few venues. Enjoy a Slideshow introducing the events and the host Cats and Dogs! :-D
CLICK HERE for a complete listing of Cat Blogosphere and Dog Blogville events for the olympic games …Be sure to visit the blogs hosting the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, and the Parade of Athletes as these are open to all of Felinity and Canine Assembled. Note: The Catblogosphere website will be regularly updated as more information becomes available, so you may want to save the link and check in frequently.
4. The Opening Ceremonies of the humans own Summer Olympics, in London, features a very amusing, and well acted (by humans and animals alike), short film, starting 2 of the Queen of England's Corgi's, Monty and Holly....
Hey, the Queen apparently ain't a Cat Person, what can I say? (Learn a bit more, here - Though the video no longer appears to be available online, darn it!) :-D
I've included this as an encouragement to future olympics to give equal time to felines of the rulers of the host nation if they are a person. :-D
5. The Petties, the annual awards for the best in Pet Blogging, are in progress.
6. I don't think, in the long illustrious history of the carnival, that a walrus has ever submittened an entry, much less a "Flying" walrus, but there is always a first time.
The remarkable, and wonderfully informative author, bloger and historian, Bill Alley shares an interesting post about many of the cats in his life, past and present.
It is a funny piece with a few cool surprises in the telling: Felix Tyrannus :-D
Here, at Meowsing, this past week...
11. Elvira Mistress of Felinity has a report on Cats as Date Bait? Survey Says Strategy Works. :-D
12. I present World Mews Repurrt 19