Hello Felinity Assembled, I've roused myself from my seeming Senile Dementia to bring you a long delayed book review!
The Feline Quasi, with his Human, Steve Fisher offering assistance as needed, has had a wonderful blog since 2008, and he was soon inspired to write a book that same year, and here is my review, way back in early May, weeks before Daddy had to go, and break his ankle.
The World is STILL Your Litter Box, like the original, is a How-To Manual For Cats cleverly disguised as a humor book for Humans.
Siamese Cats being great talkers, as we all know, Quasi continues with his outspoken, perceptive, dispensing of advice.
This book clocks in at 126 pages but, unlike the original, has no index putting the location of specific topics right at your paw tips.
Oh well, you can't have everything! :-D
This book came out in 2010 and, in the intro Quasi begins by answering the question of whether the success of his first book has gone to his head.
The short answer is "Yes", and for the long answer you will have to read the book. :-D
Also in the intro he tells about major changes in his life since 2008, and a preview of what to expect in this book.
With the addition of "reinforcements" in young brother Cats Bo Diddley, & Piglet, Quasi has new friends, and companions, to mentor, and with a visit by the Mom of his Human, Steve, added in to the mix, the 3 provided the inspiration for much new material in this book. :-D
There are 20 chapters for Adult Cats, including 3 meant to educate, and instruct, your Human, as well as 1 specifically related to Kittens, and one related to Little Humans.
Just as in the first book Quasi has a friendly, easy-going, humorous touch to discussing even the most serious, and complicated subject, and makes the many ideas, and concepts, rules, and activities, easily understandable...to his fellow Cats, and a laughout loud funny bit of silliness to any Human who reads the book.
The best thing about the sequel, to me, like the original, is that even if you find yourself disagreeing with him about something, his take will still make you think, and not immediately cough up a hairball in disgust.
In exploring this book there are some real cool, and useful, lists:
1. How to Tell if Your Human is a True Cat Nut in 10 Questions.
2. 16 Words In Felinese, and their Standard Meanings, and the Meanings of the Same Words When Used as Questions.
( For whatever reason Quasi implies that these words are the full extent of a Feline Vocabulary....Maybe to keep the Humans in the dark about the truth insome sort "Protect State Secrets" sort of way. :-D )
3. The 14 Classic Fighting and Defensive Techniques every Cat Should Master, and be Ready to put into Play at a Moment's Notice.
4. The 10 Levels of the "Awwww" Scale and How to Use it.
5. 9 Ways to Annoy Your Human Just for Fun.
6. 23 Unnacceptable Feline Behaviors...and the Proper Excuses to Use when Caught Commiting the Offense.
7. 15 Fun Things to Do While High on Catnip, and 10 Things NOT to Do.
8. 20 Reasons Why Humans are Dumber than We Are.
9. 10 Words and Phrases NOT in the Feline Vocabulary (Listed in English, German, French, and Spanish (Particulary Useful, I Say, in all U.S. States on the Border With, or in Close Proximity to, Mexico!)
10. 18 Ways to Punish Your Human When They Leave You Home Alone.
There is much more to be gleaned from reading this wonderful book, including something of use to Felines who are participating in, or considering doing so, the Occupy Your Litterbox Movement ( A whole Chapter on How to Make Sure Your Human Keeps Your Litter Box Clean! )....
Occupy Your Litter Box !! ( OYLB )
OCT. 21, 2011: The Movement Dumps its Manifesto on an Unsuspecting World -- See Photos of the Initial Sit-In! Read the Document!
Join the Occupy Your Litter Box Movement!
So there you have it, Felinity Assembled, my thoughts on the second book by Quasi.