The Carnival of the Cats is a weekly roundup of Cat-related posts on weblogs, in America, and around the world, who choose to submit a post for inclusion.
For us Cat Bloggers the Carnival is a chance to discover blogs we might never have heard of, on subjects of all kinds!
The Carnival Home Page, with an archive of past Carnivals, the Line-up for 2011, FAQ'S, and more, is HERE.
1. I want to begin by celebrating a very special Kitty, and her Human, and the place that Human, & a later addition to the family, have made for themselves in the Critter Blogging Community.
I am talking about Missy Blue Eyes, Mom ML, and the incomparable Tortie KC. ;-D
As I wrote in their comments:
I have been blogging almost 9 years, now, over a year on my own blog, and I have witnessed much in that time.
The early days of the Carnival of the Cats, though I didn't first discover it until it had been around a while...
The early days of the Cat Blogosphere website, when its founder set up a site intended to bring the growing Cat Blogging Community to the attention of its far flung members...I was one of those who was quite surprised such a community existed when I eventually came across the place. ;-D
The first time I encountered KC, & ML, and how I eventually went and read the back story about how she came to live with you...
When KC & ML, eventually took over the running of The CB from its founder, I believe you found your Calling.
As fans of your blog, and of The CB, know, it has not always been easy for you, but you have shown a strength, determination, and creativity, that have continued help The CB grow, and evolve, under your leadership, and will continue to do so as it moves into the future.
Your support, and encouragement, of myself, Elvira, Daddy Kiril, and others has meant so much to us all.
Thank You for being our friends!
And so let's continue!
2. Cokie, The Hollywood Insider, is trying to make Census of all us Critter Bloggers. ;-D
3. & 4. Over at The Second Half...
Ed and Liz are good Snugglebuddies. Aren't they adorable? ;-D
Cats & Yarn, Purrfect Together? Who Knew? ;-D
5. & 6. Over at Catsparella...We have 2 entries, including, as with #2, 3, 7, 9, & 11 posts that were accidentally missed at the last Carnival.
A Gallery of 10 beautiful images of Elizabeth Taylor and Cats! RIP Cat Lady!
Priscilla turns 10 years old, and the celebratory photos are adorable. No Foolin'! Bappy Hirthday!
7. & 8. Over at My Cats & Funny Stories...
Someone has made a mistake! ;-D
Another someone tried to become something he's not! ;-D
9. & 10. Over at StrangeRanger...
Maddie opens wide, and reveals The Tooth, the Whole Tooth and Nothing but the Tooth, so help her Ceiling Cat! ;-D
Nurse Maddie sets an example for her Humans. ;-D
13. I have absolutely no clue what in the tarnation a "Animal Reiki Shaman" is, but the folks over at one of the About.Com websites, on Holistic Healing seem to, and they let one named Rose De Dan give some useful, and informative, advice on how "The Vet is Your Ally".
The Shaman gives advice to a reader, who prefers natural healing, about when it is appropriate to visit the vet.
The blog host, one Phylameana lila Desy, makes clear at the end, though, that while all this is just fine & dandy, and mighty interesting, it is not..."meant as a substitute for veterinary care." ;-D
There are 10 links to great resources, and a great discussion going on in the comments!
Among them definitive proof that the Germans are devoted to their Pussies...maybe a bit too much! ("Cat food is something Germans actually argue about! There are hilarious discussions to be seen in internet forums where cat owners get nasty about that issue.)
The most interesting thing for them, and for me, was a study sponsored by Hill's pet food (They make the food Elvira & I eat!) that shows that urinary tract problems are associated with cats who eat too many dry foods. The researchers recommended wet food is much better for kitties.
Interesting because I've ate Dry almost all my life, and never have had problems pissing up a storm! ;-D
Daddy has, however, begun giving me a quarter cup of the wet version of my special food every day, and may decide to do the same with Elvira, & her food, too.
And, finally, here at Meowsings...
17. How Felines Really Feel About Their Facebook Friends [SURVEY] I'd love to have you toss in your 2 cents, especially in response to the comment by Whicky Wuudler, and invite you to spread the word among your readers. ;-D
18. Hairballs to the Left of Me! Hairballs to the Right of Me! Oh, What a Wonder!